David Heurtel, the Quebec Immigration Minister is expecting the implementation of new immigration regulations on 2nd August 2018.
New Expression of Interest System will be included in the new regulations. The outline was proposed initially on 28th March 2018 and is intended to replace the first-come-first-served application process for QSWP (Quebec Skilled Worker Program) as well as the application portal of its Mon Project Quebec.
The new regulations by Quebec Immigration Minister are going to make significant changes to many of Quebec’s Immigration Programs, which will include important modifications to the Quebec’s Immigrant Investor Program.
The new EOI system is designed to reduce the processing times and help the Quebec Province to drive high its economy by maximizing the immigration system potential.
The news was tweeted by Heurtel on 3rd June 2018 and retweeted by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion (MIDI) on 4th June 2018.
The Immigration Minister said that the Province will reduce the processing times to less than 12 days.
Following are the steps for non-cap-exempt candidates that are to be included in order to apply under the QSWP.
- Express of Interest submission by the candidate with the intention to settle down in Quebec.
- ITA (Invitation to Apply) for a Quebec Selection Certificate that would be an issue by MIDI.
- Application submission for Quebec Selection Certificate to MIDI.
- Once obtaining a CSQ, Federal portion of the application should be submitted.
According to the new modifications in the Quebec’s Immigrant Investor Program, candidates will need to have:
- At least $2,000,000 legally obtained net asset.
- At least 2 years of management experience in the last 5 years.
- Should invest $1,200,000 for five years with the intention to settle down in Quebec Province.
The above mentioned new regulation will come into effect from August. The number of application received this year and the submission period dates are yet to be announced by the Ministry of Quebec Province.
More new details of the new EOI system including criteria of ranking are expected to be revealed soon by MIDI. Stay tuned for further information.
Want to Immigrate to Canada? Here is our Free Tool for Assessment for Canada PR Eligibility. Check your eligibility.