The Canadian province Saskatchewan issued 514 new invitations to apply (ITA) for provincial nomination to its International Skilled Worker Immigration Category candidates through its latest Express Entry Draw held on 23rd November 2018.
Out of 514 ITAs, 247 invitations went to the candidates in the Federal Express Entry System with a minimum score of 63. The remaining 267 ITAs of this express entry draw went to the candidates in the Occupation In-Demand subcategory of Saskatchewan with 64 as the minimum score.
Candidates who applied for the provincial nomination and received the same are awarded an additional 600 points towards their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score which ensures an invitation to apply for Canada Permanent Residency in subsequent Express Entry Draws.
The express entry candidates must first register their profile with the SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) under its Expression of Interest (EOI) System.
Since Saskatchewan switched from the “first-come, first-served” application approach to the EOI system in July, this 23rd November express entry draw is the fifth for both the sub-categories.
The first step for the candidates who want to be considered under Saskatchewan is to create and submit their profile online by factors like education, age, work experience, and language proficiency in French/English.
The profiles of the candidates are scored by the International Skilled Worker Point Grid System. Candidates with highest scores then get the provincial nomination certificate through regular selection rounds.
Eligibility Criteria for Express-Entry Sub-Category
- No job offer is required;
- Candidates must score at least 60 on the point assessment grid of Saskatchewan; and
- Candidates must have work experience in a high skilled occupation from the In-Demand Occupations List of Saskatchewan, among other criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Occupation In-Demand Sub-Category
- Candidates outside the express entry system are eligible who score at least 60 points on the point assessment grid of Saskatchewan;
- At least one year of work experience in the last ten years in one among the In-Demand occupations of the province; and
- No job offer is required, among other criteria.
Till now, Saskatchewan has issued a total 3,337 invitations through its International Skilled Worker EOI System. Out of 3,337, 1,552 ITAs went to the Express Entry Candidates, and 1,785 ITAs went to the Occupations In-Demand Candidates.
Are you interested in Canada Immigration for Study, Invest, Visit, or PR? Reach us. Here is our Free Assessment tool for Canada PR Eligibility. Check your eligibility. Our experts will help you with all your visa needs.