As per the important announcement made on January 1st in the year 2015, candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Program will be chosen to apply with the help of the Express Entry System. This program is for those candidates who are chosen for Canada immigration based on their skills and work experience.
If you have already applied before January 1st, 2015, your application will be considered as per the former system.
In order to apply and become eligible, you should:
- Hold a job offer
- Be eligible so as to work in Canada
- Be able to convince that you have ample money to support yourself and your dependents after you enter Canada
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time skilled work experience
- Meet minimum language levels in French or English
- Possess a post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma
- Plan to reside outside the province of Quebec.
What kind of work experience do I need?
Your work experience should be either Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or Skill Level B listed on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Your work experience should be either full-time or part-time. Full-time implies a minimum of 30 hours per week. You should have work experience of 10 years. These limits are not valid if you have a permanent job offer.
You require a minimum of 67 points to apply as an FSW. You can get points based on:
- Your abilities in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages)
- Your age
- Your adaptability.
- Your work experience
- Your education
- If you got arranged employment in Canada
It is important to note that the FSW point system is much from Express Entry points.
How do I apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)?
If you are able to apply under the FSW category, you can submit your profile to Express Entry. It is the latest online application system for economic immigration categories, i.e., the FSW.